Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company providing specialized engineering, environmental management care and protection, oil and gas services, construction and other interrelated and integrated sectors of service provision in Nigeria. We are duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) with incorporation number RC: 980429.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Operations Manager
- Successful candidate will be responsible for creating relationships with customers across the region, understanding their unique business challenges and needs, and driving resolution of issues within the Organization.
- Develop and maintain strong relations across relevant teams as well as coordinate with various functional teams within the Company; to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner while operating within broader latitude for decisions and actions.
- Meeting with customers to understand their strategy, business objectives and matching those to Travel Network products and services
- Partner closely with cross functional teams including Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Finance, HR and Audit to deliver on shared objectives.
- Share results and feedback from key customer engagements with internal teams as this position has the authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and a customer, either from a financial or product development standpoint.
- Establish operational SLAs, track performance, look for constant improvements and escalate issues as needed.
- Proactively monitor customer service and improve customer satisfaction in a bid to expand the organization’s regional footprint.
- Represent the organisation at industry and customer events.
- Establish positive relationship and results in order to solidify renewal opportunities.
- Work with the field services operations support unit manager to recommend program, policy, procedure and law changes.
- Proffessionally manage the operational support service teams, which includes managing Operations, Marketing, Admin, Business Analysts and others.
- As Head of Operations, must build strong relationships and promote a strong team ethic by accepting responsibility and encouraging others to help one another where possible.
- Demonstrating an understanding of best practice concerning use of all equipments.
- Actively head up team meeting concerning action plans; creatively suggest ideas for exceeding performance targets and opportunities for improvement.
- Providing information, maintaining records and carrying out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner and in accordance with current data protection policies.
- To assist the CEO with strategy and commercials, dealing with the direction of the company and its image as well as its suppliers.
- To manage project assignments as instructed by the CEO and the Board of Directors
- Pro-actively identifying and solving environmental risks before they become problems
- Supporting new project development through technical expertise and financial inputs
- Building a team of talented individuals capable of running services without day to day guidance
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve profitability, safety, and environmental compliance
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis, engineering analysis, contract reviews, and public relations presentations.
- Work with industry trade groups and other Regional Operations Managers to move the entire industry forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and four (4) years of professional-level experience leading teams and getting results in a highly complex business environment with sensitive and complex issues. Two (2) years of which must have included managing people, budget development, developing short and long range goals and plans.
- Strong written and verbal skills, clear presentation skills and experience presenting to senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Confident in the use of IT systems, CRM system,and social media.
- Ability to link broad business strategies to processes, people and systems in order to guide deliverables and change management processes.
- Demonstrated success in implementing innovative solutions and offerings within an organization.
- Ability to understand the core applications associated with technology platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the principles and practices of budgeting, and financial management as it relates to project and program management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and flexibility in responding to multiple, sometimes overlapping communication needs.
- Ability to build partnerships and/or collaborative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be a strategic, big picture thinker, while possessing the analytical skills and, understands operational details.
- Demonstrate skill in interpreting laws, rules, policies and procedures, and making independent judgments and decisions in the application and explanation of laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Experience working in various geographic locations.
Job Title: Project Manager
- Provides constructability review and recommendations for 30, 60, 90 percent design documents as required.
- Responsible for management of projects based on knowledge and experience of utilities engineering and construction methods including materials, equipment and installation.
- Responsible to review variance requests from Engineers, Contractors and Developers and approve deviations to the benefit of the organization as appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing contractor change orders that effect cost, time and scope, verifying supporting documentation, negotiating and providing final approval.
- Responsible for review of monthly pay applications, contractor evaluations and providing final approval.
- Responsible to interpret the contract documents, and provide resolution to design conflicts, contractor claims and disputes for complex construction issues.
- Responsible to authorize and provide directives to the Contractor to help mitigate delays and minimize claims.
- Responsible to collect, review, update, track changes and provide engineering and operational changes the Utilities Standards manual.
- Assist key leadership team members in identifying, prioritizing and implementing transformational objectives in their business operations using operational excellence/business process techniques and resources.
- Support multiple Transformation teams to document business processes into a plan to drive productivity or efficiency.
- Works with team members and peers to generate solutions to business and operational issues, including key processes and risk assessments.
- Reporting on a tightly integrated Transformation results delivery plan across multiple workstreams and Integral knowledge of how to manage multiple work stream schedules is a highly critical aspect of this role.
- Assist and direct internal team members with day-to-day management of the program schedule, including generation of dashboards/reporting.
- Delivers data extracted from the work schedule to proactively manage issues/risks along with the critical path.
- Draws conclusions based on independent evaluation of data and project schedules for review by the Transformation team.
- Domestic travel on, as needed basis, depending upon the projects being supported.
- Generate documentation for all necessary meetings and workshops as well as track delivery of follow-ups and outcomes.
- Develop and manage all project logs and artifacts, including non-direct oversight and influence.
- Work seamlessly with onshore & offshore team members to achieve outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Law or a related field and supporting complex programs is highly desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management or building construction; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners and team members through data accuracy and integrity without exception.
- Experience working with complex project schedules and the ability to interpret results.
- Proven analytical problem solving skills, including the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Maintain highest ethical standards; demonstrate practicality, integrity and respect for others. Promotes diversity and a culture of inclusion.
- Business process consulting techniques a strong plus.
- Knowledge of underground construction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are absolutely essential.
- Facilitation of meetings and communication of results to project team members.
- Change management experience is a strong plus.
- Experience supporting budget tracking and financial reporting is a strong plus.
- Great attitude and teamwork are differentiating factors, including promoting a strong team culture and values.
- Basic software skills with; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)or equivalent process mapping software.
- Experience with Microsoft Project suite is mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com